Thursday, March 16, 2006

Blistex Spa Effects


I know, I know, the packaging is fabulous and it seems like it is a great product, with the name of Blistex, after all. BUT, I bought this the other day and it is a very bad product. I do agree that the ads and packaging are genius--3 aromatherapy lip balms, and you know I have to have something on my lips all the time! I love lip balms, so I thought this was down my alley, BUT, immediately after applying any of the three kinds, it wears off FAST and leaves your lips dry. I mean DRY--dryer than before. I even tried it at night and had to keep applying all night. NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY. Of course I wrote a complaint letter and had to provide the batch numbers to the customer service manager (who claims it was the batch) but he is sending me tons of free things in the mail, so I guess the experience wasn't that bad. I'll stick with Carmex and Burt's Bees, thank you.

Comments:
The letter writing thing really works doesn't it? I'm all for it!! Thanks for the heads up b/c as a fellow balm lover I was bound to try it. You just can't beat the goodness that is Burt's Bees. I've found any balms that contain sunscreen dry my lips out really bad.
 
The only thing that can beat Burt's Bee's is the Carmex stick (not the jar or the squirt one)--that is some protection that lasts all night--LOL
 
Hmmm... might have to try it. I hate the smell of the jar kind.
 
I'm a lip balm addict! Miserable without my lips coated... carry it with me EVERYWHERE!
 
i totally agree about this product. it just sits on your lips and wears off after like 10 minutes. i'm a burt's bees snob and wanted to try something different and this certainly didn't do it for me. they smell good though
 
eeeeeeewwwww I'm sorry but the packaging doesen't do a thing for me I am a carmex addic..can't live without it..lol great blog by the way glad to have you join the blogger family.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?