Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Dairy Queen




Here's another one for you---when I was little we always went to family reunions in Texas---I'm talking about a town out in the middle of nowhere called Throckmorton which is an incredibly small town. One thing that stuck out in Texas was that every little town had a Dairy Queen, so I have been fascinated by Dairy Queens since a child. I even had a restaurant playhouse with a Dairy Queen sign on it. Mind you, I have never been a fan of their food, but their ice creams are nice--the photo of the one in my town (with the little Dairy Queen on the top) gives everyone a free ice cream cone when they come up to order (there is no drive thru). Anyway, Dairy Queen or DQ has undergone a radical transformation as well. Look at the old style versus the new DQ Grill and Chill style.

Comments:
I've never seen one with an actual dairy queen sitting on the sign! That is too neat!! The gas station dq in north monroe is no longer a DQ which sux. I loved their blizzards. That is quite nice that everyone receives a free ice cream.
 
Well I'm glad I took a picture of it--it is shutting down after 39 years--how sad :(
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?