Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hallelujah!!



After watching "The Eyes of Tammy Faye", a documentary I recommend everyone to watch, I have been interested in the goings on of Tammy Faye. She has been up and down in her life so much and regardless of your beliefs I believe that her perseverance can be an inspiration to everyone. Right now she has inoperable cancer and she is still going strong being her usual perky self. She has a website that keeps everyone informed of her ongoing treatment and general health along with her current projects. It is http://www.tammyfaye.com/. She will be on TBN tomorrow night with Jan Crouch doing a telethon. I am going to have to tune in and watch--can you imagine those two drag queens together? LOL This is her new note:

April 17, 2006
Dear Friends,First a much needed apology from ME! I am so sorry I’ve gone so long without an update that you have been asking for. It’s hard for me to write to everyone when I’m not feeling good because I like our time together to be uplifting and happy. There is enough SADNESS IN THIS OLD WORLD WITHOUT ME ADDING TO IT.I know that many of you already know what my situation is as you heard me tell about it on Larry King. I received thousands of beautiful cards and letters from you, which I spend every evening 3 to 4 hours reading and crying and reading and laughing. Thank you from the bottom of my grateful heart. You have been such an encouragement to me. I read EVERY CARD AND LETTER AND I PRAY FOR YOUR REQUESTS RIGHT ON THE SPOT!We have received 15 of those big white boxes filled with your love from the post office. It takes a long long time to get through that much mail. But, it is a joy!As most of you know I have an egg size tumor just above my left breast that has had both radiation and chemotherapy used on it. The treatment killed the cancer we thought, until the last time I had an x-ray that showed cancer activity in the top half of the tumor. As I told you before for 3 months I have been almost over whelmed with sickness. Thank God, as a result of YOUR PRAYERS the panic attacks have subsided, I no longer have to clear my throat all the time and I have been able to swallow so now I can eat again. My weight went from 116 down to 95 pounds – I’m NOT COMPLAINING! Ha! ha! As of this writing I’m back up to 98. That is a good sign!My doctors have put me on an oral chemotherapy where I take one pill a day for 7 days and then I’m off them for 7 days etc. The pill is called XELODA. It is my understanding that it is supposed to kill tumors and prevent new ones from forming. The pill makes me very sick to my stomach so it makes it hard for me to function. They just prescribed another pill for me for my stomach that I hope and pray will work. At this time I am on my off days.I KNOW I need a miracle and I often quote the verse from the Bible that says “When I am afraid I will trust in thee”. I trust God completely and feel at peace.Thank you for your continued prayers for me and my family. PRAYER CHANGES THINGS! I’ve seen prayer change things all my life. And prayer will also change things for YOU! God is no respecter of persons.I don’t know if you know this or not but I have my own TV show along with my girlfriend Joanne Thompson. We have a fun cooking show called, what else, “YOU CAN MAKE IT!” Ha! Ha! And we don’t just make food we do a little bit of everything. I will let you know as soon as we know when and where it will be airing. We have already taped 10 shows and I leave for Greenville, SC today to tape 6 more. On Friday April 21st I will be on TBN for 4 hours doing a telethon with Jan Crouch. I’m looking forward to thatYou can look in your TV guide to find out what time that will air. That’s the TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK (TBN).Thank you again for all your love and your kindness to me. I wish there was a way I could hug each one of you individually. You have become such a big part of my heart.

Love, Tammy Faye

Comments:
Stephanie said that was really good... I'm going to have to get it on Netflix!
 
bless her heart, it just shows her strength of character to remain so positive during such a difficult time. She does make you feel like she loves everybody.

I do reccommend the dvd, it was eye-opening!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?