Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Spooky Places


I have always been fascinated by "scary" places, or what I've perceived to be scary. Around here there is a lot of historical homes supposedly "haunted", some hotels, and even where the 6 Gun Territory used to be is supposedly haunted. Fortunately, along with my "urban explorer" friend Stephanie, we have found this type of exploring to be such a rush and highly satisfying. It all started in 1994 when Montgomery Ward's was having a sale that extended into the old mall (tillers, lawn mowers, etc that wouldn't fit in the store) of Twin City Mall (which at that time had been abandoned for over 10 years) but Montgomery Ward's still operated in it's original anchor position outside the mall. Well Steph and I went into the mall part to "take a look at the lawn mower" (LOL) and walked over the ropes to keep people out of the mall--we wandered around this abandoned mall--the signs were still over the stores, even Orange Julius fake oranges were in the old cooler--we saw where the train took us on rides every Easter with the Easter Bunny, saw where we sat on Santa's lap every Christmas and even saw the "infamous" tiki bar that had been legendary (according to my Uncle Robert). On the way out however, we tripped over some laser beams and set off some alarms--we HIGHTAILED it out of there but we did get a souvenir each--I got a plaque off the old mall directory for the old store Hiller's. That was the beginning of our urban exploration, now here in town, Bonnie will take me to some "haunted and spooky" places--Woo hoo!! Let's look here in this old house!!

Comments:
I love looking at old places like this! I always wonder what is still inside.
 
You know if I go in, I'll take pics!
 
I always imagine what I could do to fix it up. I hate actually doing it, but imagining is fun. That's why I like watching HGTV... I get to remodel while laying on the couch...
 
THat was the best time ever and you are right such a RUSH!!! I can remember how freaked out we were when that alarm went off!!!! We couldn't run for laughing!!

We had some fun times in Monroe just wandering around wasting time. *sniff sniff* I miss you so much!!!
 
I always resented Mike because you couldn't hang out with me as much as I wanted you to. We did have some good times in Monroe--remember the scavenger hunt for the motorcycle keys? LOL, that was fun!
 
I know, I should've dumped him a long time ago and we could've really had fun!! Yes, I remember that treasure hunt, too bad we didn't find it. It was sure fun trying.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?