Tuesday, April 25, 2006

This weekend.....


Did anyone see Paula Abdul on QVC Friday night selling her jewelry? Typical Paula--you can only imagine. Saturday, I watched Tammy Faye and Jan Crouch on TBN that morning--it was so sad to see how bad TF looked--she has lost a LOT of weight--and I guarantee you if you saw this show, you would never make fun of her makeup while she was next to Jan with her pink/purple wig, false eyelashes, gaudy makeup and plastic surgery....Anyhoo..they were doing a fundraiser for TBN and they were bawling, mascara going everywhere, and it was touching to see TF back on TV raising money that I started squirting out the tears, too! LOL So, that begins my sinus problems....after crying I went outside to the bad pollen and ever since then, my eyes have been almost swollen shut and the sinus problems have made me feel wacky--like I'm floating and not really there. I have a doctor's appt Thursday morning and I will mention this problem to him--I never have had my allergies act up this bad before. Also, has anyone watched "So NoTORIous" on VH1 starring Tori Spelling? It really is a cute show and she is playing herself and it is a parody of her life--check it out--Loni Anderson plays her mother--it is hilarious. Let's see...also, "The Karen Carpenter Story" came on Sunday night and I had to watch that over again--I guess you can call the Carpenters my first "fascination" or "obsession". I remember my family going to Bastrop to eat at Slayden's BBQ and we were in my dad's truck which only had an 8 track and on that trip, I heard the Carpenters for the first time--I LOVED the music. Ironically, when we got home and the news was on, they said that Karen Carpenter was dead. I will always remember that....it was in 1983....anyway, everyone have a good day and please forgive my stream of conciousness writing today--I feel so weird that I can't even think straight due to this sinus pressure.....

Comments:
Poor tammy, I hate to hear she is doing bad. I would have loved to have seen those two made up side by side haha.

I hate those sinus headaches, your head feels all detached. I haven't seen all noTORIous episodes, but the ones I saw I liked. Of course I watch almost all the vh1 shows.

OMG, how strange was it that you heard the music the day she died...so sad. I LOVE the carpenters to this day. It would be hard to pick a favorite song, there are sooooo many I love.
I have a huge piano book of all their songs. I like watching the movie, but it is so sad and tragic. Was it karen allen who played her?? Remember that "if I were a carpenter" tape you had? "I'm on da top uh da word"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?