Friday, May 26, 2006

Discombobulated

I sometimes feel that nobody around me can understand the sinus pressure and "discombobulation" associated with this malady. Sure, people here are discussing the drought and the rain shortage, and yes, the nation is watching this state burn with all the out of control wildfires, but because of this lack of rain, the allergens have gotten out of control to me. I have missed work this week a day and a half. Yesterday morning, I woke up with my eyes swollen shut, and for the next couple of hours, had to do all kinds of treatments to get rid of the swelling, puffiness, and redness so that I could actually come in to work at noon. This is Florida--we should be in the "rainy season" now--there should be thunderstorms daily by now that last only 15 minutes, but for some reason this hasn't happened yet. I am taking Allegra and Flonase, and this is just not working for me. I can't think straight, I can't work properly, and it seems nobody understands how out of it I am and nobody understands the severity of the situation. As a child I used to have to have weekly allergy shots. I had an allergy doctor in Pine Bluff, AR. Maybe it will come to this again. Please excuse my grammar and punctuation and lack of posts this week. I hope and pray nobody has to go through this......

Comments:
Discombobulated, is one of my favorite words, I didn't think anyone but me ever used it. lol

You're not alone, many people are having allergy problems. We need some rain here too. As I understand it, the time clock of the world is being thrown off by global warming.
 
Hey Starshine--You need some Patanol. Ask Sab about how it works wonders for me. I especially like to keep it in the refrigerator so the drops are cold when they hit my eyes. And it is safe for contacts--at least I'm pretty sure. I'm planning to bring myself down that way soon. See you then. Love, love- M
 
I have had sinus ick this week too. As a matter of fact a woke up with a snot blob on my t-shirt--GROSS! Tylenol Sinus makes me S-P-A-C-E-Y
Sweet relief come soon
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?