Friday, May 12, 2006

"Let's make a wagon wheel"


Anyone remember the old ABC health/nutrition ads that came on during Saturday mornings with this character named Timer? He taught kids to eat healthier, taught us how to make "Sunshine on a Stick" (orange juice in an ice tray with toothpicks), making wagon wheels (a healthy snack), and of course after watching these ads, we had a "hankering for a hunk of cheese"..LOL. Also, one included a guy on a motorcycle (chopper) telling kids to "excercise your choppers while you chew, chew, chew...." about eating healthy crunchy veggies such as carrot sticks and celery. I will always remember these little ads like I remember the Schoolhouse Rock ads that taught us about verbs, adjectives, and even how a bill becomes a law ("I'm just a bill on Capitol Hill..."). Just another random musing I am sharing.....
Click on this link to actually see and hear in real audio "Sunshine on a Stick".....

http://www.toontracker.com/timer/timer.htm

Comments:
"It's time for timer!" I loved these! I made sunshine on a stick and made some with kool-aid. Thanks for the link, it really brought back memories. I didn't think I remembered "you are what you eat" until it started and I did!

Also remember "they call me yuckmouth, cause I don't brush!"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?