Tuesday, May 30, 2006

This weekend.....

Thank God for the long Memorial Day weekend....I am feeling a little better--not "discombobulated" like I have been, but the only problem I am having is that my eyes are still dry and swollen, BUT on a lighter note, the thunderstorms have started! It is a little late for the rainy season to start, but better late than never. The rains have cleared the air somewhat to where I am normal feeling, but since this is the lightning capital of the world, the lightning is striking trees and starting more wildfires. Also, we are about to start hurricane season again....Let's see, this weekend, Jared and I cooked steak quesadillas with black bean salsa from a recipe from Everyday Foods. It is a digest sized magazine that you carry to the grocery store and check off the list of ingredients as you get it--it is amazing, and of course from Martha Stewart. I recommend everyone to subscribe or at least pick one up and buy it at the store--it is very handy. We also grilled filets and had baked potatoes. Very good! We also went looking at other apartments. Where we live now there are a lot of professionals that live in the complex, and during the evenings, all their kids play in the parking lot (over 30). I wish these poor kids had a park or a play area, but they don't--they ride their bikes in the parking lot, skateboard, ride their scooters, and play ball. This wouldn't be a problem but they ride their bikes in between the cars in the parking lot and there are several scrapes, dents, and scratches on the new car, especially from their bike handle bars . So, we looked at a complex called Grand Reserve which is a gated complex and you have your own garage that leads up to your apartment. Jared and I fell in love with these apartments. Our lease is up at the end of October--I hope we can keep our sanity until then. It really sucks to have a nice car that already has dings and scratches on it. Jared has lost it a couple of times on the children and has even pleaded with their parents, but to no avail. I will keep you posted!

Comments:
Hi guys,
Sound like you like to cook. I don't know what kind of internet provider you have but I have sbcYahoo and there is this really nice recipe site that I can put on my homepage on the sidebar. I love it take a look here.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/234447?mbid=yh%20oo

You just might enjoy it. They give a small view of a new recipe about every day or so and you can click on it and go to there site and look up any recipe you might like. They also have a membership where you can store all of your favorite recipes in you own recipe box on their site.
 
Yes, I love to cook and try new things out. Thanks for stopping by! I am going to check that out definitely. I think I am going to make this Middle Eastern Platter recipe for lunch this week. Check this out--I can't wait!

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=recipe3510131&layout=edf&edfParentCat=cat17924&subStyleType=recipes&catid=cat17924
 
O.K. guys I think I love you. Anyone who likes Martha can't be all bad. lol

I don't care if some people call her a bitch. I call her a perfectionest. I think she's great I envy that she had a dream and made it happen.
 
Ah, looks good.

feta cheese, pita bread and
kalamata olives, this is greek food. I am an American born greek. Have ever eaten kalmata olives before, if not you may have a big surprise coming.lol
 
Aw naw, I would be so pissed at those kids. The new apart. sounds really nice.

I might have to pick up one of those cooking digests, sounds interesting. I like getting Cooks Illustrated b/c they not only give you the recipe but tell you why you should do things a certain way. Interesting to me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?