Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Alberto

Alberto has came and went--no real damage here, just some power outages here and there. The water retention pond behind our apartment that has been dry forever is now full and I heard bugs and bullfrogs last night--a peaceful sound that you don't really pay attention to unless it has been gone for awhile. Yesterday the wind almost knocked me down once and it blew something in my eye, but the gusts weren't that bad and it is over now. That is the update on that. Here is a funny joke that I think people from where I was born and raised will understand. I know I do--when I went to New Orleans once during college for Mardi Gras, I was following a friend that drove a teal Paseo with a Darwin fish with legs, a rainbow Mickey Mouse, and a bumper sticker that said, "To hell with the Baptists, I'm going to Disney World". Needless to say, in Delhi, I believe it was, a big truck with a gun rack tailgated him and kept bumping his bumper for about 15 minutes before he drove off. We got his point. Here it is:

Survivor Southern Style

Due to the popularity of the Survivor shows, several southern TV stations
are joining together and are planning to do their own, entitled Survivor:
Southern Style.

The contestants will start in Alabama; travel over to Georgia and on to
South Carolina. From there they will head up to North Carolina and over
to Tennessee. They will then proceed down to Mississippi and Louisiana,
finally ending up back over in Alabama.

Each will be driving a pink Volvo with New Jersey license plates and large
bumper stickers that read: I'm Gay, I'm a Vegetarian, NASCAR Sucks, Go
Yankees!, Smoking is for Idiots, Hillary in 2008, Deer Hunting is Murder!,
and I'm Here to Confiscate Your Guns!

The first one that makes it back to Montgomery alive wins.

Comments:
I'm so glad everything things is okay and you are both safe and sound!!

That is hilarious about the Paseo--makes that joke even funnier b/c it was true! "To hell with baptists Im going to disney world" BWAHAHAHAHAHA
 
Happy to read that you are safe and didn't get it to badly.
 
Hi Guys,
I went to free paying surveys and signed up with a couple of survey companys. It's really hard to weed out the good from the bad. But I did find out that as a reult every site that I went to even if I didn't complete the application survey for them, are all e-mailing me. Did you have that trouble in the beginning??

I just keep deleting until I see what the ones that I have chosen are going to be like.

I didn't want to go with the ones that say free trial memberships.
 
exseno, i only use one. Erewards. I haven't had any problems with them, in fact, I enjoy participating in their surveys. I don't even mess with any of the other ones--I can't tell if it is spam or legit.....
 
I think that all the ones that I have choosen are stupid. They advertise that you will get payed, but you don't. They put your name in a drawing to (maybe) win some money. If they really even do that.
I'm such a jerk. Nothing to do about it but laugh. hehe
 
Opps, sorry wasn't finished. I meant to say that I went to that free survey com that has a bunch of survey companys lists. Then I started getting tons of survey companys contacting me that I didn't subscribe to. It's a mess. But Erewards wasn't on their list.
 
I"m gonna check out eREwards!!
 
crap, they told me they aren't extending invitations right now :(
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?