Monday, June 12, 2006

What I Miss About Home


Since I won't be able to come home this summer, I thought I'd do a post about what I miss the most about home. These are in random order, by the way....

1. Being near family
2. Drive through liquor stores--LOL
3. Frozen Drinks (Daiquiris)--Hurricane flavor
4. Catfish Inn
5. Pecanland Mall--even though there are bigger malls with more stores around here, I miss my favorite mall in the world.
6. Fred's--Why aren't there any here in FL? If you look hard enough you can find some really nice things in there for your home
7. Johnny's Pizza--there is nothing like it (sigh) PLUS their salad bar is wonderful with the lettuce shredded just the way I like it.
8. Friends friends friends! I miss them! A lot have moved away, but some of my best friends are still there.
9. Fried catfish--Never thought I would have missed that!
10. Sonics with their Route 44 drinks
11. Cajun food
12. Mamaw's good country food--her fried chicken is the best!
13.The paper mill smell--JUST KIDDING!!
14. The Mohawk restaurant--this place is exactly the same as it was 30 years ago (you know what I mean)
15. McAllister's HUGE baked potatoes
16. Bourbon chicken from Chinese places, especially from Pecanland Mall
17. Peking Chinese Buffet (and the way they measure it when you take out--LOL)
18. Harold's in Bastrop (halfway between Crossett and Monroe)
19. Podnuh's--I love their beans!
20. Being able to smoke in a restaurant or any BUILDING for that matter--at least you should be able to smoke in bars....

More to follow---in the meantime, here is a pic of Simone acting crazy....

Comments:
You got that right? Johnny's and friends are # one to me. Also, It is awesome to be able to drive through and get a daiquri. It sucks when you live in a dry county!
 
It's funny how you can only find those drive-thru liquor stores in arkansas or louisiana. Course maybe that's a good thing since we shouldn't be drinking and driving lol

If it makes you feel any better, our Fred's isn't rebuilt from the fire yet :( I'm ready for it though--they really do have cute things there for cheap!

Johnny's breadsticks and cheese are the BEST *mouth watering*

WE MISS YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!

The Mohawk has moved out by the Outback into a new fancy smancy building. :( Haven't eaten there yet though.

Haven't tried bourbon chicken, but I will though. I love how the workers in Chen Chen will yell at you "Rid must crose!"
 
You miss here and I miss CA, I wish we could switch places. lol
 
What's up with all these fires in Crossett? I had no idea that it burned. These fires seem like more of a coincidence.
 
I meant more THAN a coincidence....like how all those stores on Main Street burned. I remember when the old Price school burned, when Safeway burned, etc, etc.
 
it is strange isn't it? Don't forget sharpe's burning and that out of control brush fire that killed a man. This last out of control brushfire WAS an arson, they just never could prove who did it. I personally think it was one of those volunteer firemen looking for action and the chance to be a "hero". bad to start a fire just to put it out but really it isn't uncommon.
 
the more you think about all those businesses the weireder it seems....
 
Another thing I forgot was GRANDY's!! Yum Yum, Chicken fried chicken and double mashed potatoes, and those rolls with honey.
 
and Grandy's cinnamon rolls are THE BEST!!!!!! Oh I might have to get on for my bday since I'm still dieting. YUM
 
Since we are talking about food from Monroe, don't forget The Landing and Ray's PeGe. The Landing had the best Jambalaya I have ever tasted in my life. Ray's fries and gravy are good too. They are putting one in West Monroe I hear. I am hungry!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?