Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Shuttle Launch and Fourth of July

Jared and I got to see the shuttle take off (actually we weren't at Cape Canaveral--we were at home and saw it in the sky for a few seconds). This is the second time I've seen a space shuttle in the sky. I saw one last year. Jared went all out yesterday--barbequeing ribs, making potato salad, and baked beans. I ate so much I'm still feeling the effects this morning at work :( Anyway, it was such a good meal. When the shuttle took off, it knocked out our cable and internet for 3 hours. Right at zero on the countdown the tv went white and then everything went blank. I didn't know if everything went well, or if it blew up or anything since I didn't see the liftoff on TV--I saw it in the sky so I figured everything went fine. Later, I checked the Blackberry and looked at the news that it was successful. Hope everyone had a good and safe Fourth of July! Remember, "Don't celebrate the Fourth with a fifth!".

Comments:
Sound like some good food! I did the BBQ thing too, but it was raining. lol I had to pull the darn BBQ grill under some trees to finish it. But it was fun.
 
oh yuuuuuum, I really wanted some BBQ, but I had to work. Chuck grilled some of the vegan sausages I bought for our diets,but it definetly wasn't the same. blah. I like alot of that stuff, but NOT the sausages. That is so awesome you can see the launch from your home, course the downside was the power outage. I'm glad it all went okay.
 
Wow, I bet you felt lucky to be able to view a part of history in the making.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?